- Multi-agency training for those working with children and families in Croydon – Dec | Jan | Feb Training
- CSCP Safeguarding Children Training Calendar
- How to book on to courses
- E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
- What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
- Costs, Venues and Refreshments
- Any questions?
Multi-agency training for those working with children and families in Croydon – Dec | Jan | Feb Training
Welcome to Croydon’s Safeguarding Children Partnership (CSCP) Learning and Development. This programme is available to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people, and is intended to complement single agency training.
For the full range of training, log on to Croydon Learning
29 January 2020, 9:30 – 1630
05 February 2020, 9:30 – 1630
11 February 2020, 9:30 -1230 & 1330 – 1630,
13 February 2020, 9:30 – 1230
24 February 2020, 9:30 -1230 & 1330 – 1630
25 February 2020, 13:30-1630
26 February 2020, 9:30 – 1630
27 February 2020, 9:30 – 1630
CSCP Safeguarding Children Training Calendar
- To see which courses are taking place by date CSCP Safeguarding Training Oct 2019 to Mar 2020
For safeguarding e-learning – see information below
‘Croydon Learning’ has been introduced to help you:
- Browse and book training | Manage your training bookings and cancellations | Easier access to training records and attendance certificates
Registering for an account is easy:
- Go to – Croydon Learning or paste https://croydon.learningpool.com/login
- Select ‘Click here to create an account’ and fill out the ‘New Account form’ – use a work email address
- Council Employees – simply use your existing Croydon Learning account via your desktop or the intranet
E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
Not all professional or volunteer roles working with children and young people will require attendance at multi-agency group training. Safeguarding e-learning provides sufficient knowledge of core understanding of safeguarding and responsibilities.
Self-register with Me-Learning for free safeguarding e-learning . This free e-learning is only available if you work with children and families in Croydon. Courses include
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness (Children and Adults)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Child Exploitation Level 1
- Child Exploitation Level 2
- Prevent – see below
- FGM – see below
Follow this link to access the above courses safeguarding children e-learning
‘Prevent’ and ‘FGM’ E-Learning
This introductory elearning offers an introduction to the Prevent duty, and explains how it aims to safeguard vulnerable people from being radicalised to supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists themselves. A link to the prevent duty guidance is available at the end of this e-Learning.This training addresses all forms of terrorism and non-violent extremism, including far right wing and Islamist extremism threatening the UK.This e-learning has been developed by HM Government following consultation with a range of individuals and organisations.
Follow this link to access the PREVENT training:
Elearning Female Genital Mutilation
This Home Office designed course will support learns to identify and prevent female genital mutilation (FGM).
Throughout this course, it follows a young girl named Hope as she encounters the key issues relating to FGM and we see how they affect her throughout her life. The training will help a wide range of professionals to identify and assist girls who are at risk of FGM.
Follow this link to access the FGM training
What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
The CSCB L&D Programme is based on the pan-London Competence Still Matters (2014) which provides detail on eight staff groups and the minimum training content, delivery and outcome requirements in respect of each group. This document is not replicated here, so you must refer to the full version for further details (linked above).
- It is important to note that Competence Still Matters (2104) should also be used to determine single-agency safeguarding learning and development, whether this is delivered in-house or commissioned
- This table illustrates the staff group a role may fall into, example roles are given but are in no way exhaustive
- It is recommended that safeguarding training is refreshed at least every three years
- Multi-agency safeguarding training is intended to complement single agency training, not replace it.
Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Costs: CSCB training is fully funded for all organisational members of Croydon Safeguarding Children Board and is currently free to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in Croydon. A charge for non-attendance may be made, please see terms and conditions when booking on to a course.
Venues: Most of the CSCB Learning and Development events will take place at different venues, be sure to check your confirmation email. Maps and directions to these two locations are given below.
Refreshments: CSCB Learning and Development events will not provide lunch and refreshments, you are therefore advised to bring your own.
- When attending events at Heathfield House there are vending machines for snacks and a microwave is available for use, there are no nearby shops (20min walk one-way) – you are advised to bring your own refreshments when at this venue
- When attending events at Bernard Weatherill House, there is a cafe on site, shops nearby and microwaves are available for use.
Any questions about CSCB Safeguarding training please email firstname.lastname@example.org