Thank you for visiting the CSCBs Safeguarding in Education Toolkit site. The aim of this site is to provide information to Education Providers in Croydon in a quick and accessible format. This site has been designed to concentrate on key themes that may impact on the lives of children and young people attending Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Post-16 provision, in both the state-funded and independent sectors.
Current Guidance Includes:
- Croydon Partnership Early Help Strategy
- Effective Support – Right Help Right Time Guidance for Practitioners Sept18
- Consultation Line Flyer
- CSCB Thresholds Guidance & Indicators of Need Matrix
- Template Early Help and Child Protection Policy for Croydon
- Child Protection Conference Report for Education Settings
- Multi-agency Child Protection Conference Report (updated April 2018)
- NSPCC Safer Recruitment Training
- Croydon Offensive Weapons Guidance V2 Oct 17
- Sexting In Schools
- BAITOUT – Letter to schools re Snapchat safeguarding risk
- BAITOUT – information from the police
- Childnet.com – Teaching Staff Factsheet
- FGM Awareness – free online course
- FGM – FGM letter with useful links
Remember you can access a number of free, face to face and online courses for Safeguarding via our Learning & Development pages.
For free on-line courses, available 24/7 please follow this link:On-line Learning Link
Annual Education Safeguarding Audit
The most recent Audit is currently being finalised. If you require previous audits please ask for details:
Education Safeguarding Must Reads
- Keeping Children Safe in Education – statutory guidance for schools and colleges (Sep 2019)
- Keeping Safe In Education (Part 5)
Following a recent Coroners hearing in the South West, the Coroner has asked that guidance on calling 999 for an ambulance be shared with all educational establishments. The aim of the guidance is to help and support education staff when calling 999 in order to achieve an appropriate and timely response. Please distribute and display appropriately within your education setting.
Have you considered a defibulator at your setting? Training is not required to use a machine. If you would like further information on this please contact: Safeguarding.email@example.com
Other Useful Resources
We have a host of relevant links and resources on our other pages, specific to professionals, parents and children. Please check them out.
If you would like to share resources or would like us to provide information on a key theme that isn’t listed, please email MASHEducation@croydon.gov.uk