Thank you for visiting the CSCBs Safeguarding in Education Toolkit site. The aim of this site is to provide information to Education Providers in Croydon in a quick and accessible format. This site has been designed to concentrate on key themes that may impact on the lives of children and young people attending Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Post-16 provision, in both the state-funded and independent sectors.
Current Guidance Documents (Click the Images to Access the Documents)
Referral and Report Templates
- Missing Mondays referral template
- Template Early Help and Child Protection Policy for Croydon
- Multi-agency Child Protection Conference Report (updated April 2018)
- CME Referral template
- Primary Inclusive Practice Forum Template 2019-20
- Secondary FAP Referral Form -School Year Final Copy 2019-2020
- CLIP Offer Statement updated March 21
- MARAC Factsheet
- MARAC Referral Form
- Croydon Model Safeguarding Policy for Schools and Colleges 2021
- BAITOUT – Letter to schools re Snapchat safeguarding risk
- BAITOUT – information from the police
- FGM – FGM letter with useful links
You can contact the Safeguarding Education Officer for help and advice. Catherine.Bennett@croydon.gov.uk
PLEASE NOTE: She is NOT a referral route. If you need to make a referral, please contact SPOC or if you are unable to get through, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back from a social worker.
Remember you can access a number of free, face to face and online courses for Safeguarding via our Learning & Development pages.
For free on-line courses, available 24/7 please follow this link:On-line Learning Link
Emotional Health & Wellbeing Referrals
Please use the following link to make a referral:
Annual Education Safeguarding Audit
The 2020/21 Audit is now live. Please click on this link to access the audit which needs to be completed in one sitting. www.getinvolved.croydon.gov.uk/safeguarding-audit-2020-21
If you have any queries or would like a word version to annotate before completing, please email your request to Safeguarding.Audit@croydon.gov.uk
Taking Action Against Sexual Abuse in Schools and Colleges
As you will be aware, I have been developing a handbook to help school’s and colleges in responding to the OFSTED review of sexual abuse in schools and colleges. Below you will find a handbook containing some useful information along with resource links, surveys, a model peer on peer abuse policy and more. There is also a set of slides for you to share with whole school/college staff to develop their understanding and subject knowledge.
To report a peer on peer abuse incident, email email@example.com to notify the Local Authority. Use this form and complete the information requested.
Education Safeguarding Must Reads
- Keeping Children Safe in Education – statutory guidance for schools and colleges (Sept 2021)
- OFSTED review of Sexual Abuse in Schools
- Working Together to Safeguard children
- OFSTED education inspection framework
- OFSTED Early Years Inspection Handbook
- Amber project – Enhancing the response to child abuse linked to faith & belief
Following a Coroners hearing in the South West, the Coroner asked that guidance on calling 999 for an ambulance be shared with all educational establishments. The aim of the guidance is to help and support education staff when calling 999 in order to achieve an appropriate and timely response. Please distribute and display appropriately within your education setting.
Are you concerned a child may be in immediate Danger – guidance on calling 999 available by clicking this image.
Have you considered a defibulator at your setting? Training is not required to use a machine. If you would like further information on this please contact: Safeguarding.firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Resources
We have a host of relevant links and resources on our other pages, specific to professionals, parents and children. Please check them out.
If you would like to share resources or would like us to provide information on a key theme that isn’t listed, please email: