Choose Your Future Campaign wins award
On 12th March 2019 – at the Local Government Chronicle (LGC) awards ceremony, Croydon Council came out on top in two categories.
The awards celebrate the UK’s best initiatives in local government. The standard is incredibly high and this year Croydon Council were shortlisted in an impressive six categories.
In a joint statement by Jo Negrini (Chief Executive) & Cllr Tony Newman (Leader of the Council) they report “It really shows the positive impact that our projects and campaigns are having on people’s lives – not to mention the talent and commitment of everyone involved“.
The two winning categories were:
- Campaign of the Year for our Choose Your Future campaign
- Health and Social Care Award for the partnership work of the One Croydon Alliance, formed of the council, local NHS and Age UK
If you aren’t familiar with the Choose Your Future campaign, please take a moment to watch the video below. Launched to empower young people and unite Croydon against youth violence, the campaign has secured support from many organisations and is really changing lives – talking to more than 3,000 young people since it started.
Heath and Social Care Award winner The One Croydon Alliance is a great example of what’s possible through partnership. The alliance brings together the council, Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Croydon GP Collaborative, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, and Age UK Croydon – working to deliver an integrated health and social care system that puts residents first. Its success is something we continue to look to, and learn from, as we deliver services in our local communities.
The other finalists and their reason for shortlisting were:
- Gateway Services for their work to prevent homelessness;
- Croydon Means Business Initiative, who boost the borough’s economy through partnership work;
- Croydon BME Forum for their work to tackle knife crime; and
- Fire Safety Team for the programme to retrofit fire sprinklers, protect and reassure our tower block residents.
The joint statement commends all persons involved saying “Congratulations to all the people, teams and partners involved in this year’s LGC awards. We are truly proud of, and grateful for, the work that you do – and it’s great to see it getting the national recognition it deserves.”