If you suspect that a child or young person in Croydon may be being abused or neglected, it is vital you report your concerns so that this can be investigated.
Child protection and safeguarding contact numbers
- If you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm, call 999
- For Urgent Action (same day intervention by a social worker) call 0208 255 2888
- For Urgent Action out of Hours call 0208 726 6400
- Professionals can contact the MASH for advice, provided that the case is not allocated to another social worker and the child lives in the Croydon area. The MASH Consultation Line is 0208 726 6464
A follow-up written submission will also be required, using the MASH referral form
How to make a referral
- follow this link for more information about how to make a referral to MASH
- To access the online MASH referral form – click here
- To download a word version of the referral form, you will need to save and send – click here
If your request is for practical family or parenting support then an Early Help Assessment and a team around the family approach needs to be considered. The Early Help Assessment is a holistic assessment used to identify the strengths and challenges the family are facing.
Croydon Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) – What do we do?
The aim of Croydon’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is to provide safer outcomes for children, who are referred to them.
The Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the Local Authority’s ‘front door’ to manage all child protection referrals and to consider the most appropriate support available for families in need of help. The MASH team is made up of: Children’s Social Care, Police Public Protection Desk, Health, Education, Youth Offending Service, Early Intervention and Support Services, Youth Services and Probation.
The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) can be contacted on:
020 8726 6400 ext 84307 (Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00) or 020 8726 6400 (out of hours). For urgent action refer to numbers listed above.