- Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
- BOOK NOW FOR JUNE and JULY SAFEGUARDING COURSES
- HOW TO USE CROYDON LEARNING TO BOOK ON TO CSCB COURSES
- E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
- What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
- Any questions?
- Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
Welcome to Croydon’s Safeguarding Children Board (CSCB) Learning and Development. This programme is available to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people, and is intended to complement single agency training.
BOOK NOW FOR JUNE and JULY SAFEGUARDING COURSES
Domestic Abuse | 20 June and 5 July | 1330-1630
Early Help | 26 June and 10 July | 0930-1630
Gangs | 29 June | 0930-1230
Working Together in Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups | 4 July | 0930-1500
Child Neglect | 5 July | 0930-1630
For full details, and for other training courses, log in to Croydon Learning (see below on how to register)
HOW TO USE CROYDON LEARNING TO BOOK ON TO CSCB COURSES
‘Croydon Learning’ has been introduced to help you:
- Browse and book training
- Manage your training bookings and cancellations
- Easier access to training records and attendance certificates
- Plus new local e-learning content will soon be available
Registering for an account is easy:
- Go to – Croydon Learning or paste https://croydon.learningpool.com/login
- Select ‘Click here to create an account’ and fill out the ‘New Account form’ – use a work email address
- Council Employees – simply use your existing Croydon Learning account via your desktop or the intranet
Once verified, use your account to log in to Croydon Learning to browse, enrol and book on to CSCB courses. Click here to see a one page guide on how to book on to CSCB training
The new system replaces booking training through ‘My Account’.
E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
Not all professional or volunteer roles working with children and young people will require attendance at multi-agency group training. The guide below will help you determine this.
Safeguarding e-learning courses are available to help ensure you have sufficient knowledge of your core understanding of safeguarding and responsibilities.
To access these courses click on the link below to self-register and then complete the courses.
Once registered you can complete a range of courses including
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness (Children and Adults)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Child Exploitation Level 1
- Child Exploitation Level 2
- Domestic Abuse
- Information Sharing
- And more
What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
The CSCB L&D Programme is based on the pan-London Competence Still Matters (2014) which provides detail on eight staff groups and the minimum training content, delivery and outcome requirements in respect of each group. This document is not replicated here, so you must refer to the full version for further details (linked above).
- It is important to note that Competence Still Matters (2104) should also be used to determine single-agency safeguarding learning and development, whether this is delivered in-house or commissioned
- This table illustrates the staff group a role may fall into, example roles are given but are in no way exhaustive
- It is recommended that safeguarding training is refreshed at least every three years
- Multi-agency safeguarding training is intended to complement single agency training, not replace it.
What Safeguarding Learning Do I Need – is a summary guide to help you determine what safeguarding learning and development you or your organisation’s role need to engage with.
Any questions about CSCB Safeguarding training please email email@example.com
Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Costs: CSCB training is free for all organisational members of Croydon Safeguarding Children Board and is currently free to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in Croydon. A charge for non-attendance may be made, please see terms and conditions when booking on to a course.
Venues: Most of the CSCB Learning and Development events will take place either at Bernard Weatherill House or at Heathfield House Training Centre. Venue details are provided upon booking. Maps and directions to these two locations are given below.
Refreshments: Most CSCB Learning and Development events will not provide lunch and refreshments, you are therefore advised to bring your own. When attending events at Bernard Weatherill House, there is a cafe on site, shops nearby and microwaves are available for use. When attending events at Heathfield House there are vending machines for snacks and a microwave is available for use, there are no nearby shops (20min walk one-way).