- Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
- BOOK NOW FOR SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER SAFEGUARDING COURSES
- CSCB Learning and Development 2018 -2019 – Course Summary description and Calendar
- How to book on to courses
- E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
- What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
- Any questions?
- Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
Welcome to Croydon’s Safeguarding Children Board (CSCB) Learning and Development. This programme is available to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people, and is intended to complement single agency training.
BOOK NOW FOR SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER SAFEGUARDING COURSES
Graded Care Profile2 Awareness Session | 28 Sept | 0930-1130 & 1330-1530
Domestic Abuse | 2 Oct | 0930-1230
Parental Substance Misuse and the impact on family | 2 October | 1330-1630
Child Sexual Exploitation | 5 October | 0930-1630
Working Together in Child Protection | 11 October | 0930-1500
Single Point of Contact: MASH and Early Help Training | 30 October | 0930-1230
For full details, and for other training courses, log in to Croydon Learning (see below on how to register)
CSCB Learning and Development 2018 -2019 – Course Summary description and Calendar
Click here to see an over view of safeguarding courses. For full details and to book a place, log in to Croydon Learning (see below on how to register).
Click here to see a summary of the course descriptions
How to book on to courses
‘Croydon Learning’ has been introduced to help you:
- Browse and book training
- Manage your training bookings and cancellations
- Easier access to training records and attendance certificates
- Plus new local e-learning content will soon be available
Registering for an account is easy:
- Go to – Croydon Learning or paste https://croydon.learningpool.com/login
- Select ‘Click here to create an account’ and fill out the ‘New Account form’ – use a work email address
- Council Employees – simply use your existing Croydon Learning account via your desktop or the intranet
Once verified, use your account to log in to Croydon Learning to browse, enrol and book on to CSCB courses.
The new system replaces booking training through ‘My Account’.
E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
Not all professional or volunteer roles working with children and young people will require attendance at multi-agency group training. The guide below will help you determine this.
Safeguarding e-learning courses are available to help ensure you have sufficient knowledge of your core understanding of safeguarding and responsibilities.
To access these courses click on the link below to self-register and then complete the courses.
Once registered you can complete a range of courses including
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness (Children and Adults)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Child Exploitation Level 1
- Child Exploitation Level 2
- Domestic Abuse
- Information Sharing
- And more
What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
The CSCB L&D Programme is based on the pan-London Competence Still Matters (2014) which provides detail on eight staff groups and the minimum training content, delivery and outcome requirements in respect of each group. This document is not replicated here, so you must refer to the full version for further details (linked above).
- It is important to note that Competence Still Matters (2104) should also be used to determine single-agency safeguarding learning and development, whether this is delivered in-house or commissioned
- This table illustrates the staff group a role may fall into, example roles are given but are in no way exhaustive
- It is recommended that safeguarding training is refreshed at least every three years
- Multi-agency safeguarding training is intended to complement single agency training, not replace it.
Any questions about CSCB Safeguarding training please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Costs: CSCB training is fully funded for all organisational members of Croydon Safeguarding Children Board and is currently free to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in Croydon. A charge for non-attendance may be made, please see terms and conditions when booking on to a course.
Venues: Most of the CSCB Learning and Development events will take place at different venues, be sure to check your confirmation email. Maps and directions to these two locations are given below.
Refreshments: Most CSCB Learning and Development events will not provide lunch and refreshments, you are therefore advised to bring your own. When attending events at Bernard Weatherill House, there is a cafe on site, shops nearby and microwaves are available for use. When attending events at Heathfield House there are vending machines for snacks and a microwave is available for use, there are no nearby shops (20min walk one-way).