- Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
- BOOK NOW FOR NOVEMBER SAFEGUARDING COURSES
- CSCB Learning and Development 2018 -2019 – Course Summary description and Calendar
- How to book on to courses
- E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
- What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
- Any questions?
- Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Multi-agency training for everyone working with children and families in Croydon
Welcome to Croydon’s Safeguarding Children Board (CSCB) Learning and Development. This programme is available to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people, and is intended to complement single agency training.
BOOK NOW FOR NOVEMBER SAFEGUARDING COURSES
- Working Together in Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups | 13 Nov | 0930-1500
- MARAC & Claire’s Law | 19 Nov | 0930-1100
- Domestic Abuse Awareness | 21 Nov | 0930-1230
- * New * Referral & Thresholds – Early Help and MASH Training | 27 Nov | 0930-1230
- Gangs | 29 Nov | 0930-1230
- Graded Care Profile2 Awareness Session | 7 Dec | 0930-1130
For full details, and for other training courses, log in to Croydon Learning see below
CSCB Learning and Development 2018 -2019 – Course Summary description and Calendar
Click here to see a summary of the course descriptions and the overview calendar
How to book on to courses
‘Croydon Learning’ has been introduced to help you:
- Browse and book training
- Manage your training bookings and cancellations
- Easier access to training records and attendance certificates
- Plus new local e-learning content will soon be available
Registering for an account is easy:
- Go to – Croydon Learning or paste https://croydon.learningpool.com/login
- Select ‘Click here to create an account’ and fill out the ‘New Account form’ – use a work email address
- Council Employees – simply use your existing Croydon Learning account via your desktop or the intranet
Once verified, use your account to log in to Croydon Learning to browse, enrol and book on to CSCB courses.
The new system replaces booking training through ‘My Account’.
E-Learning – Safeguarding children training
Not all professional or volunteer roles working with children and young people will require attendance at multi-agency group training. Safeguarding e-learning courses are available to help ensure you have sufficient knowledge of your core understanding of safeguarding and responsibilities.
E-Learnig Safeguarding Courses
Click on the link below to self-register with Me-Learning and then complete the courses. Via Me-Learning you can complete a range of courses including:
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness (Children and Adults)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Child Exploitation Level 1
- Child Exploitation Level 2
- PREVENT – see below
- FGM – see below
Follow this link to access a range of safeguarding children e-learning
(full address https://www.croydon.melearning.university/course_centre)
This introductory elearning offers an introduction to the Prevent duty, and explains how it aims to safeguard vulnerable people from being radicalised to supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists themselves. A link to the prevent duty guidance is available at the end of this e-Learning.This training addresses all forms of terrorism and non-violent extremism, including far right wing and Islamist extremism threatening the UK.This e-learning has been developed by HM Government following consultation with a range of individuals and organisations.
Follow this link to access the PREVENT training:
Elearning Female Genital Mutilation
This Home Office designed course will support learns to identify and prevent female genital mutilation (FGM).
Throughout this course, it follows a young girl named Hope as she encounters the key issues relating to FGM and we see how they affect her throughout her life. The training will help a wide range of professionals to identify and assist girls who are at risk of FGM.
Follow this link to access the FGM training:
What Safeguarding Learning and Development do I need?
The CSCB L&D Programme is based on the pan-London Competence Still Matters (2014) which provides detail on eight staff groups and the minimum training content, delivery and outcome requirements in respect of each group. This document is not replicated here, so you must refer to the full version for further details (linked above).
- It is important to note that Competence Still Matters (2104) should also be used to determine single-agency safeguarding learning and development, whether this is delivered in-house or commissioned
- This table illustrates the staff group a role may fall into, example roles are given but are in no way exhaustive
- It is recommended that safeguarding training is refreshed at least every three years
- Multi-agency safeguarding training is intended to complement single agency training, not replace it.
Any questions about CSCB Safeguarding training please email email@example.com
Costs, Venues and Refreshments
Costs: CSCB training is fully funded for all organisational members of Croydon Safeguarding Children Board and is currently free to all staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in Croydon. A charge for non-attendance may be made, please see terms and conditions when booking on to a course.
Venues: Most of the CSCB Learning and Development events will take place at different venues, be sure to check your confirmation email. Maps and directions to these two locations are given below.
Refreshments: Most CSCB Learning and Development events will not provide lunch and refreshments, you are therefore advised to bring your own. When attending events at Bernard Weatherill House, there is a cafe on site, shops nearby and microwaves are available for use. When attending events at Heathfield House there are vending machines for snacks and a microwave is available for use, there are no nearby shops (20min walk one-way).