Thank you for visiting Croydon Council’s Education Safeguarding Toolkit site. The aim of this site is to provide information to Education Providers in Croydon in a quick and accessible format. This site has been designed to concentrate on key themes that may impact on the lives of children and young people attending Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Post-16 provision, in both the state-funded and independent sectors.
Current Guidance Includes:
- Early Help Guide March 2018
- Early Help Poster March 2018
- CSCB Thresholds Guidance & Indicators of Need Matrix
- Template Early Help and Child Protection Policy for Croydon
- Child Protection Conference Report for Education Settings
- Multi-agency Child Protection Conference Report (updated April 2018)
- NSPCC Safer Recruitment Training
- Sexting In Schools
- BAITOUT – Letter to schools re Snapchat safeguarding risk
- BAITOUT – information from the police
- Childnet.com – Teaching Staff Factsheet
- FGM Awareness – free online course
Current events of interest:
- CSCB Neglect Conference 2017 – for details see Learning and Development page
For details of the CSCB policy regarding the resolution of professional disagreements relating to the safety of children, please click here:
Remember you can access a number of free, face to face and online courses for Safeguarding via our Learning & Development pages.
For free on-line courses, available 24/7 please follow this link:On-line Learning Link
Annual Education Safeguarding Audit
The most recent Audit is currently being finalised. If you require previous audits please ask for details:
Education Safeguarding Must Reads
Following a recent Coroners hearing in the South West, the Coroner has asked that guidance on calling 999 for an ambulance be shared with all educational establishments. The aim of the guidance is to help and support education staff when calling 999 in order to achieve an appropriate and timely response. Please distribute and display appropriately within your education setting.
Also if you have a defibrillator at you location, please ensure you have sufficient staff trained in paediatric resuscitation and can use the machine. If you would like further information on this please contact: Safeguarding.firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Resources
We have a host of relevant links and resources on our other pages, specific to professionals, parents and children. Please check them out.
If you would like to share resources or would like us to provide information on a key theme that isn’t listed, please email MASH.Education@croydon.gov.uk